Saturday 2 June 2007

More frames stored

This test render of 280 frames took the whole of today to render! 33 of them had to be re-rendered because of the black blob artifact things. Some frames had to be re-rendered up to 5 times just because the artifact just would not shift!

I noticed with this render that the shadows underneath Monster Kids hair shift around quite a lot, which is due to me altering the Final Gather rays on the corrupt frames in an attempt to get rid of any artifacts. It's good that I'm coming across these problems sooner rather than later..but it's getting pretty late soon. To prevent the shifting shadow problem I will just have to alter the final gather rays less aggressively and find a good figure that doesn't produce as many artifacts.


2 comments:

RichTea said...

That looks SWEET. Jim is sure getting the hang of this animation malarchy. Worrying for me.
Keep up the good work lads. We'll just have to battle it out on July 12th (my birthday, so,let me win)

Michael said...

I like the subtle little double grab with the left hand, and also the delicate movements of the right hand that you have at the end of this clip.

The timings are working really well too.

Nice!